Wednesday, November 26, 2014

{ House Crash // Childhood Table Made New Again }

It's been awhile since I did a House Crash, so with the holiday tomorrow and being that most of us will be gathered around a table at some point during the day or over the weekend, I figured this would be a good one to share with you all. My sister's sister-in-law (did you follow that;)) has been so kind to share her story of her cherished table at her home here in Michigan and what cool story it is.
 
 
i have wanted a new dining table for awhile. i knew i wanted round + white with some different chairs. but was having trouble coming up with something reasonable. i was talking to my mom one day, and told her it was too bad she sold the table we had growing up because it would have been perfect!
well. lo and behold, she reached out to the people that she sold it to (they were friends) and they still had it. the only problem was, it didn't have the original chairs, the leaves, and it was taken apart, stripped, and sanded. i was thrilled. like seriously thrilled. they had intended to use it for a different project, but never finished it and were looking to just throw it away. they did alllll the hard work!
 
 
i painted it with the trim paint we had in our basement {free is always good!} i took it to the paint store just to double check with the professionals that it would hold up + they said it should. {so far, wear + tear from two babes and it wipes up great!} the two wood chairs were from target. the blue fabric chairs were a home goods find. i originally saw them + we passed them up. i went back a few weeks later and they were both still there. that NEVER happens at home goods, so i figured it was a sign they were meant to be mine!;) so happy with how it turned out! i think it really makes the space + i love that the table was my moms.:)








 
 I am in love with Abby's decorating style and how cool is it that she gets to have her childhood table in her own home! The kitchen has been called the heart of the home but isn't the table where you spend your time gathered together, eating-playing games-crafting-coloring-debating and everything else in between! What a privilege to have such a great piece of furniture with all those memories just to be able to keep making more of their own with their own family! I'm also drooling over those chair covers of hers. Maybe I'll get lucky one of these days and find some great slip covers for my own chairs! Thank you Abby for showing us your beautiful table and those two little cuties of yours too!!

As I prepare the few things I am making for tomorrow, I am thinking about all that I have to be grateful for this year, good health-healthy, happy and smart kids-a handsome and helpful hubby-the roof over our heads + the food in our bellies-my wonderful friends-our supportive and loving families...I could go on and on and on. With that being said, I also want to say I am so THANKFUL for you-my readers. I appreciate the time you take out of your day to read my ramblings and I am humbled each time someone tells me they enjoy reading my blog! I wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving, time spent with those you love, reflecting on the things you have to be thankful for.

Tomorrow we plan to eat, drink, and visit with lots of family and then do it all over again on Saturday night. I'm really looking forward to eating baked beans, its one of those things we eat only a few times a year and Thanksgiving is one of those times! What are you looking forward to indulging in over the holiday??
 

No comments:

Post a Comment