Thursday, June 5, 2014

{ Hiding the Shower Rod Brackets }


I almost labeled this post "ripping up the bathroom- part 3" since we already had a part 1 and part 2 and I am about to show you how Mark tore out some of the subway tile in the bathroom that he JUST installed. Don't freak out yet, nothing crazy happened, well except for the fact that we don't seem to plan ahead but it's really not that bad to label it as "ripping up" so instead I said hiding the shower rod brackets because that's exactly what we did and we are SO happy we did! 


I mentioned awhile back that Mark had made the shower curtain rod, which is actually pretty great and saved us A LOT of $. The only problem - the brackets were really large and (in my opinion) sorta ugly, although Mark said he would have made it look good. I am sure that he would have but when he came up with the idea of tearing out the tile and putting the bracket BEHIND the tile and then putting everything back together again, I was a little nervous about him ripping out what he just put in but I was sold on the idea of not seeing the huge bracket.

Here's a shot of the left side with the four pieces of tile removed



He cut a hole for the bracket to fit into. See- that bracket would NOT have looked very good on the outside of the tile, am I right?! Plus this shower rod is going to be strong, that sucker is bolted directly into a stud and isn't going anywhere any time soon.



The whole thing got covered in mud


We only had to replace a couple of the tiles since most of them weren't damaged after Mark dug them out. 



Mark grouted it the next day



The sides needed to be re-caulked and the replaced tiles needed to be sealed and then we were good to go.

I was anticipating seeing the curtain hung up so I got right to it after the sealer was applied



The curtain is from Target and it matches perfectly with the wall/ceiling color. 


This corner tub/shower is AWESOME. Seriously I'm loving it!

We finally picked out a light fixture and Mark's dad installed it


I am still on the search for a mirror. Something like the one below. Do any of you have one like this that you want to get rid of? Contact me if you do, I would gladly buy it off you!

When I think about what this bathroom used to be like and then I look at it now I am SO grateful that we've been able to do everything that we did in there. It's still a VERY small bathroom but by extending the wall out and removing the corner cabinet it really helped add a lot of usable space. 


SO MUCH has been done in here. Everything is completely new and it's so beautiful. It will look even better once we get some things up on the walls, rooms always feel more "homey" when decorations have been placed. 


Now that the shower curtain is up, which is one of the things we were waiting on to officially move in, we are well on our way to calling this our home. I've slowly been unpacking things and putting them away over the week and we will continue to do that over the weekend. 

I've got a great giveaway for you guys that I will post this weekend so look for that soon! 

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I've been watching the blog for an update and I love it!! Looks so so good!

    ReplyDelete