Friday, September 20, 2013

{ Feeling Gross }

So, I said in the last post that the house is scary. Meaning that the state of it is pretty rough. But then I said "but not freaky scary". However, I take that back.

My mother-in-law and I cleared and shop vacuumed the basement tonight and let me tell you. That basement is freaky scary. Like gross. Disgusting. So so so dirty. A shower immediately after cleaning was 100% necessary!

There were cob webs thicker than blankets, mouse droppings, spiders, tiny bugs, dirt, mouse homes, dead mice, more dirt, and lots and lots of junk to be removed. Sadly, there's still more to clean. Worst part is we were working with only a few small construction lights since the power was shut off since Mark is working on the electric upstairs.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Cherie for helping with that truly gross job. Seriously. No one else would have stayed and worked that hard to clean that grossness!

I couldn't even bring myself to take photos of it. I'm sparring you. Believe me. This is not the first dirty job of this home makeover. The first was cleaning out the nasty old insulation from the upstairs. Mark and his wonderful friend, Kyle, took on that job. No pain, no gain, right?! There are more yucky jobs to come for us. That is for sure and unavoidable when walking into a home that has been sadly unkept. Thankfully we have been blessed with amazing friends and family that are willing to work alongside us. Truly we are grateful. Thank you!

3 comments:

  1. Yuck! But at the same time...:) I really can't wait for a time when someone can stay with my kids so I can come help you scrub! Seriously I need to get my hands dirty with you over there!! I'm bursting at the seams to help with this project of yours! lol Even mice poo! ;) Well, maybe! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kasey! I hope you're feeling better! I'm Heather and I just have a quick question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - I CAN picture that basement and all its dirt down after being down their first-hand, and that is admirable of you and Cherie!! Dirty beyond dirty! Way to go! - Rhonda

    ReplyDelete